Winter Warmer Beer Festival Goes Virtual
Slated for Saturday, Feb. 13, from 2-4 p.m., this year’s online Winter Warmer will be a lot like the other virtual beer-tasting events that Rhizome has put on throughout the pandemic, but super-sized.
Special hand-crafted beers
Winter Warmer is known for a couple of things — the convivial attitude of the assembled crowds, the special beers that brewers save up during the year for the event, or craft especially for Winter Warmer. The fact that some of those beers have some massive alcohol contents. All three of those factors will be present at this year’s event, and considering that some of the beers being offered featuresABVs above a whopping 10 percent, it’s probably a blessing that you’ll be able to participate from the comfort and safety of your own home!
Because of the size and potency of these beers, organizers suggest that two to four people share the allotment, so $99 is one heckuva bargain. This is especially true when you consider the fact that your price of admission also includes two curated cheese offerings courtesy of The Bloomy Rind and a load of swag from the participating breweries.
There will also be a live-streamed musical performance during the mid-event intermission (read: pee break), plus expert commentary from the event organizers and special guest representatives from the breweries. I’m sure you’re interested in what beers will be sampled, so here’s the impressive list:
- Oskar Blues Barrel-Aged Ten Fidy 12.5% 12oz
- Monday Night Tiramisu Bourbon Barrel-Aged Drafty Kilt 8.5% 16oz
- Blackberry Farm Brewery Barrel Series Brett Saison (2017 Vintage) 375ml
- Hi-Wire Brewing Barrel-Aged American Strong Ale 10.5% 500ml
- Blackstone Brewing Company Coconut Black Belle BA Imperial Stout 13% 12oz
- Southern Grist Brewing Co. Dancing on Staves Scottish Wee Heavy aged on Oak Staves and Maple Syrup 9.3% 16oz
- Bearded Iris Brewing High Octane Imperial Stout with Salted Caramel and Coffee 10% 16oz
- Tailgate Brewing Company Barrel-Aged Imperial Peanut Butter Milk Stout 10% 12oz
- New Heights Brewing Co. Gobsmacked Barrel-aged English Barleywine 11.7% 12oz
- Guest Brewery: Burial Beer Co. Skillet Donut Stout 8% 16oz
Once you’ve registered, make plans to pick up your box of beer and booty at the newest Woodland Wine Merchant-Sylvan Park on Thursday, Feb. 11, or Friday, Feb. 12, between 1 and 7 p.m., or on Saturday, Feb. 13, during regular hours (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.). The new store is located at 4101 Charlotte Ave., Building E, Suite 140, and you can reach them at 615-712-8670 when you arrive at the store so that they can bring out your beers.
Park Ave Magazine
Find out about Orlando Advertising opportunities with Park Ave Magazine. We would like to thank everyone who put time and effort to bring Park Ave Magazine to life. Be sure to check out our latest issue. The magazine is full of exciting articles, art, photography, and trivia about the city of Winter Park.
With plenty more monthly releases to come be sure to sign up for our newsletter and stay in the loop with our team. Monthly events and parties to meet all of you wonderful people make Winter Park an incredible place to work, play, and live. Reach over 600,000 individuals through our Orlando Advertising services. Park Ave Magazine is available on local newsstands and magazine racks. It is distributed by Rollins College to all faculty and senior staff, The Alfond Inn, Publix, and more!