6 Tips On Managing The Fear Of These Uncertain Times By Stanley Popovich
Almost everybody worries about what will happen in the future during these fearful times. The prospect of not knowing if something good or bad will happen in the near future. This can produce a lot of fear and anxiety.
As a result, here is a list of techniques and suggestions on how to deal with the fear of the unknown.
1. No one can predict the future with one hundred percent certainty. Even if the thing that you fear does happen there are circumstances. These factors that you can’t predict can be used to your advantage. For instance, you miss the deadline for a project you have been working on. Everything you feared is coming true. Suddenly, your boss tells you that the deadline is extended and that he forgot to tell you the day before. This unknown factor changes everything.
2. Take it one day at a time. Instead of worrying about how you will get through the rest of the week or coming months. Try to focus on today. Each day can provide us with different opportunities to learn new things and that includes learning how to deal with your problems.
3. Use Self-Visualization: Sometimes, we can get anxious over a task that we will have to perform in the near future. When this happens, visualize yourself doing the task in your mind. For instance, you have to play in the championship volleyball game in front of a large group of people in the next few days. Before the big day comes, imagine yourself playing the game in your mind. By doing this, you will be better prepared when the time comes.
4. Take a break: Take a deep breath and try to find something to do to get your mind off of your anxieties. A person could take a walk, listen to some music, or read the newspaper in order to get a fresh perspective on things.
5. Challenge your negative thinking with positive statements and realistic thinking. When encountering thoughts that make you fearful or depressed, challenge those thoughts by asking yourself questions. Questions that will maintain objectivity and common sense. Focus on the reality of your situation and not on your thoughts.
6. Worrying can make the problem worse: All the worrying in the world will not change anything. All you can do is to do your best each day, hope for the best, and when something does happen, take it in stride. If you still have trouble dealing with the fear of the future, then talking to a counselor or clergyman can be of great help.
Biography of Stan Popovich
Stan Popovich is the author of the popular managing fear book, “A Layman’s Guide To Managing Fear”. For more information about Stan’s book and to get some free mental health advice, please visit Stan’s website
Park Ave Magazine
Find the updates on everything in Winter Park and the Orlando area, right here. With “CNN Style” Constant updates from us; you, family, and friends can truly live the life that the wonderful city of Winter Park has to offer.
Winter Park is home to world-class galleries, upscale shops and boutiques, fine dining restaurants, street cafes, and luxurious hotels, all with a European village look, not a theme park crowd.