Admission to the Morse Museum will also be free on Saturday, December 24, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. during its Christmas Eve Celebration, including live music by Orlando Violin Music from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Join us for a Christmas Eve Celebration and Free Admission at The Morse Museum
The Morse Museum houses the world’s most comprehensive collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848–1933), including the artist and designer’s jewelry, pottery, paintings, art glass, leaded-glass lamps and windows; his chapel interior from the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago; and art and architectural objects from his Long Island country estate, Laurelton Hall. The Museum’s holdings also include American art pottery, late 19th- and early 20th-century American paintings, graphics, and decorative art.
For 35 years, the Museum was housed on the campus of Rollins College and known as the Morse Gallery of Art. In 1977, it was relocated to 151 East Welbourne Avenue in Winter Park, and its name was changed in the mid-1980s to The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art.
The Morse opened at its current location, 445 North Park Avenue, on July 4, 1995. The galleries were developed from former bank and office buildings. The redesign linked two buildings with a tower in a simple modified Mediterranean style meant to blend with the surrounding cityscape. In a further expansion in 1999, the Museum debuted its installation of the Tiffany Chapel from the 1893 Chicago World’s Columbian Exposition. In February 2011, the Museum opened a new wing that provided more than 6,000 square feet of permanent exhibition space for its collection of art and architectural elements that survive from Tiffany’s Long Island estate, Laurelton Hall. The addition increased public exhibition space at the Morse to more than 19,000 square feet, about 50 percent.